Asset Planning Services, Ltd., an independent financial planning firm, is committed to safeguarding the confidential information of its clients. We hold all personal information provided to our firm in the strictest confidence. These records include all personal information that we collect from you in connection with any of the services provided by Asset Planning Services, Ltd. Unless given permission, we do not disclose information to nonaffiliated third parties1, except as permitted by law. If we were to anticipate such a change in firm policy, we would be prohibited under the law from doing so without advising you first. We use health and financial information that you provide to us to help you meet your personal financial goals while guarding against any real or perceived infringements of your rights of privacy. Our policy with respect to personal information about you is listed below:
- The categories of nonpublic personal information that we collect from you depend upon the scope of your advisory engagement. It will include information about your personal finances, your health to the extent that it is needed for the planning process, and transactions between you and third parties.
- We disclose limited amounts of information with nonaffiliated third parties as permitted by law. For example, federal regulations permit us to share a limited amount of information about you with a brokerage firm in order to execute securities transactions on your behalf, or so that our firm can discuss your financial situation with your accountant or lawyer.
- In addition to personal information you provide to us, we may receive information about you that you authorize nonaffiliated third parties to provide to us.
- We do not provide your personally identifiable information to mailing list vendors or solicitors for any purpose.
- We maintain a secure office and computer environment to ensure that your information is not placed at unreasonable risk.
- We will never ask you to use email to provide us with Social Security Numbers and related dates of birth. Please call us directly if we have requested this information, or send the information by U.S. mail.
- We limit employee access to information only to those who have a business or professional reason for knowing. Employees are also required to sign strict confidentiality agreements with our firm as a condition of employment.
- For nonaffiliated third parties that require access to your personal information, including financial service companies, consultants, and auditors, we also require strict confidentiality in our agreements with them and expect them to keep this information private. Federal and state regulators also may review firm records as permitted under law.
- Personally identifiable information about you will be maintained during the time you are a client, and for the required time thereafter that such records are required to be maintained by federal and state securities laws, and consistent with the CFP Board Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility. After this required period of record retention, all such information will be destroyed.
1 Examples of nonaffiliated third parties with whom we do business: Brokerage Firms (Fidelity, Vanguard, etc), IRA Custodians (Fidelity Management Trust Co., Vanguard Fiduciary Trust Co., etc), Mutual Fund Companies (Vanguard, Fidelity, etc), and Insurance Companies (TIAA, Genworth, Met Life, etc).