March 20, 2020
On March 19, 2020, Pennsylvania’s Governor Tom Wolf mandated the closure of the physical location of all “non-life sustaining” businesses due to the spread of COVID-19.
APS’ advisory and client service staff have the ability to work remotely from home. Therefore, other than the fact that our physical office is closed, our virtual office is fully operational for email and phone contact. Just dial in and press the extension number of the person you would like to speak with. Clients of APS can obtain APS Organizational Chart with contact information by emailing email@example.com.
Our various departments will continue to operate as normal with just a few modifications as detailed below:
- All portfolio monitoring will continue as normal. Per our proprietary systems, we will continue to be alerted of the need to rebalance portfolios, and will continue to do so as usual. All staff who normally need access to your INVESTRAK will be able to do so as if sitting at their desks at our offices.
- INVESTRAK Reports will continue to be reviewed and prepared weekly according to your normal schedule. Most clients will continue to receive their reports in pdf format, either via our secure portal, or securely via ShareFile. The few clients who normally receive a paper version will receive it via mail once normal office hours are reestablished.
- Checks for deposit to your account: You may continue to mail these to our PO Box. We will retrieve mail daily, and checks will be electronically deposited to your account.
- Portfolio distributions for cash flow (SWPs), as well as any additional distributions, will continue to be managed by your CSR. Simply call or email your CSR with requests.
- Financial MRI Updates (scheduled): Your lead financial planner will be in touch with you regarding how we will present the results of your MRI and recommendations. Presentations can be via Zoom with screen-sharing (preferred), or simply a conference call. Hard copies cannot be prepared and mailed, but pdf versions will be sent to you prior to your virtual meeting.
- Estate Plan Updates (PARTNERS): Kathy will be in touch with you regarding how we will present the results of your update and recommendations. Presentations can be via Zoom with screen-sharing (preferred), or simply a conference call. Hard copies cannot be prepared and mailed, but pdf versions will be sent to you prior to your virtual meeting.
- Federal: On March 20, 2020, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin announced that the U.S. will extend the individual tax filing and payment deadline until July 15.
- States: Most states have followed IRS guidance in extending tax filings. We are monitoring this for individual situations.
- Even so, Michele and Zahia will continue preparing returns, many of which they expect to be complete by April 15.
WorldWatch XXVI: Postponed, not cancelled. Once public gatherings are again authorized, we will set the new date and let you know. There will certainly be much to cover!
Please rest assured that we are well prepared to continue to serve you during the coming weeks as we respond to this pandemic. Stay healthy, keep calm, and do what you can to support your community and those most vulnerable around you.
Richard J. Volpe, CFP®, CLU®, ChFC®
Founder and President